*About Baxter *
Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
*Summary of Responsibilities*
This role is responsible for providing clinical expertise and driving enhanced value through collaboration with Medication Delivery customers. This role will focus on influencing clinical practice and operational efficiencies based on evidence-based best practice related to the delivery of intravenous therapies.
This position assists customers to incorporate evidence based standards & guidelines into clinical practice with a goal to improve clinical outcomes. Through the use of Baxter’s Clinical Programs, the Clinical Specialist proactively implements facility wide assessments and report recommendations, leads clinical implementations and training, conducts simulations and trials as required and ultimately accelerates the safe adoption and use of Baxter products.
The Medication Delivery Clinical Specialist is an integrated member of the Account Management Team to ensure alignment of Clinical Services activities with strategic business priorities to develop, sustain & grow the business for the long-term.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
Customer-focused Clinical Program Management
* * Build & maintain long term relationships with key clinical customers (Nursing, Pharmacy, Infection Control, Risk Management, Professional Practice, Oncology, Anaesthesia)
* Execute value-added clinical programs to help customers improve clinical outcomes and achieve their accreditation goals
* Conduct clinical needs assessments, analyze data, develop and present recommendations to customers, implement and evaluate product conversions and support follow up activities with measureable outcomes
* Identify & communicate customer insights toward the development of marketing programs
Clinical Account Management
* Ensure alignment with Marketing & Sales in the development of regional priorities
* Coordinate the implementation plan of Clinical Programs, product evaluations and product conversions with account team members
* Leverage the Clinical Trainers as an adjunct value-add to customer intimacy
* * Maintain knowledge of IV therapy, vascular access and infusion technology trends and competitive threats through active participation in regional associations (i.e., CVAA chapters)
* Remain abreast of updated standards, recommendations and guidelines by influential associations (i.e., INS, CDC, AVA, RNAO)
* Utilize evidence-based research to support all clinical practice recommendations to customers
* Attend relevant professional practice conferences in support of customer involvement and professional development
Timely and efficient completion of administrative tasks
* * Expense reports, internal and external communication, conferences etc.
* Market intelligence: market surveys, communicate competitor intelligence
* Logging & documenting reports , customer contact etc on salesforce.com
* * Registered Nurse with an undergraduate degree in Nursing
*Major Subjects / Specialties*
* Adult Learning
*Type of Experience*
* * Adult critical care
* Related consultative work in the healthcare industry
* * Clinical education & or management
* Product knowledge
*Years of Experience*
* Minimum 5-7 years clinical experience in an acute hospital setting, required.
*Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills*
* * Bilingual (French and English)
* Willingness to travel 25% of time
* Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
* Strong professionalism
* Strong communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Strong influencing skills
* Able to deal with ambiguity
* Knowledge of Baxter processes, products and services
* Project management
*A Career That Matters*
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.
**Job:** **Commercial Operations*
**Organization:** **Americas – Canada*
**Title:** *Clinical Specialist*
**Requisition ID:** *190005FN*