*About Baxter *
Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
*Summary of Responsibilities*
The Clinical Trainer’s primary role is to be responsible for the delivery of education to clinical staff on Medication Delivery products (IV solutions, sets, connectors, elastomerics and infusion pumps). The Clinical Trainer will provide supplemental educational in-services to Baxter customers and potential customers based on the needs of individual customers and regions.
This role will work closely with the regional Clinical Specialists in conducting facility-wide product and practice assessments and clinical simulation exercises. They are directly involved with product evaluation and conversion processes under the direction of the National Clinical Manager before, during and after product implementation. The Clinical Trainer will also provide post-support and follow-up hospital in-servicing as needed.
The Clinical Trainer role will additionally be responsible to support clinical aspects of in-house training for new hires in sales, marketing and clinical as requested.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
* * Participate in scheduled customer meetings/conference calls to review in-servicing expectations and customer context prior to all account implementations
* Ensure clear, concise delivery of scripted and Baxter-approved in-servicing regarding Medication Delivery products being implemented
* Actively solicit participation to in-services by customer clinicians
* Maintain high visibility to staff within the account during the implementation period
* Provide written attendance updates to the Clinical Services Coordinator at the end of each shift
* Work with customers to facilitate improved in-servicing attendance as per the Daily Attendance Record
* Provide post-support as required for each product conversion
* Account support responsibilities
* Work with the Clinical Specialists to support Clinical Programs assessments (i.e., SETS and PNA) as needed
* * Ensure individual competence with all products and programs prior to in-servicing activities
* Participate in all relevant training programs
New hire training support
* Facilitate the in-house training process for new hires to sales, marketing and clinical as requested
Documentation and Communication
* * Identify and report any product and practice related concerns or questions to the Clinical Specialist
* Submit any product complaints through the appropriate complaint process
* Remain current with the submission of all travel and expenses
* Remain current with all Compliance Training requirements
* RN required
*Major Subjects / Specialties*
*Type of Experience*
* Acute care bedside nursing minimum 3 years
* Critical Care
* Clinical education
* Related consultative work in the healthcare industry
* Product knowledge
*Years of Experience*
* 3-5 years required
*Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required*
* Bilingual (French and English)
* Ability to travel 75%
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Exceptional professionalism at all times
* Strong communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to deal with ambiguity
*A Career That Matters*
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.
**Organization:** **Americas – Canada*
**Title:** *Clinical Trainer*
**Requisition ID:** *190005FQ*