**Cyber Security DevOps Specialist**
Job Family: Information Technology
**Division:** Global Services
**Business Unit:** Information Technology
**Requisition Number:** 209266
**Primary Location:** United States-Ohio-Milford
**Assignment Category:** Full-time regular
**Experience Level:** Entry level
**Education Required Level:** Bachelor’s Degree
**Travel Required:** 5%
Siemens is a globaltechnology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Siemens has an opportunity as a Cyber Security team member on the Development and Operations Team (DevOps). The qualified applicant will be a team member in the support of a production Cyber Security team that provides services and data to members of the Analyst team. He/She will work with state of the art tools, both purchased and in-house developed, to provide our analyst team with data to make human intelligent decisions.
The applicant’s primary objective will be to provide support for a large range of Linux based systems using automated system management tools and techniques. The applicant will work with team members to investigate solutions that automate installation and processes on Linux servers, global management of processes, expand on development of processes and tools and other tasks as designated by management. The applicant will be in a highly collaborative environment and will be exposed to advanced global Cyber Security related topics in a unique and big data environment.
The Cyber Security DevOps team member will be expected to maintain servers and provide techniques to help automate the processes and servers. Provide a high level of availability of the servers using techniques to automate the monitoring of the servers. Investigate and implement new methods to automated monitoring of the production servers and the processes on the servers. Documentation of issues encountered and providing researched solutions to the team. Tasks related to the job include:
• Maintain production systems and provide a high level of availability.
• Deployment and support of the ELK stack.
• Moloch experience with pcap capturing and usage of the search interfaces.
• Deployment and support of Kibana
• Integrating open-source, in-house developed, and commercial products such as Jira, Confluence, Arcsight and Linux scripting.
• Work collaboratively with Cyber Analysts and other colleagues to architect solutions and maintain the solutions in the production environments.
• Share techniques and practices with the rest of the team personally and within our wiki.
• Work with existing source management systems to maintain our automated tools for managing our servers and process.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field
• 2 plus years’ experience in the Cyber Security DevOps environment
• Proficiency working within Linux and Bash scripting
• Basic understanding of Networking and Network Protocols
• Puppet experience
• Required Travel: <5%
The following knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
• Experience with Network/Host Security and/or pen-testing (OSCP)
• Experience with Postgres or other similar Database technologies
• Development languages such as Python
**Equal Employment Opportunity Statement**
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
**EEO is the Law**
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
**Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision**
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .