Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals is looking for a consistent and driven high performer with proven selling skills to join its fast growing sales organization. The District Sales Manager is responsible for meeting the sales goals and objectives assigned to the District and for the development of District personnel.
1. Provide leadership and direction while meeting sales goals and managing the sales activities and development of sales representatives.
2. Develop, implement and maintain District business plan to meet District, Regional and Company goals.
3. Implement company policy procedures and managerial controls.
4. Recruit and select qualified candidates to fill open sales positions within the District.
5. Assume accountability and responsibility for own personal career growth and development.
6. Meet sales goals and objectives.
7. Coach, counsel, and develop sales representatives.
8. Be a leader and manager – creating long and short term development objectives
9. Development of sound recruitment/selection strategies during hiring process
10. Evaluate the activities and effectiveness of sales representatives on a consistent basis.
11. Coordinate administrative demands and field day objectives.
1. BA/BS degree required
2. Proven ability to interact effectively with both internal and external customers.
3. At least 3 (three) years of successful field sales experience or equivalent.
4. At least 2 (two) years of supervisory/training experience preferred.
The District Manager position requires a great deal of enthusiasm, energy, and the ability to work in the field with representatives as needed while maintaining all administrative functions. This highly operational position requires systematic planning and organization skills. Extensive overnight travel may be required, typically around 50% of the time. Ability to lift up to 30lbs. Must possess a valid state drivers’ license.
Valeant is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Refer this job to a friend
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet
**Job ID** _9864_
**Pos. Type** _Full Time_