*Director, Operational Excellence – Design for Six Sigma*
*Baxter International Inc.*
*Location – Open to Remote / Virtual Office Globally*
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Supporting the organic growth strategy, Baxter needs to focus on its ability to predictably execute and release a global portfolio of products that exceed customer expectations, achieve market leadership, and meet internal goals for operational excellence. This position will work closely with Product Development Leadership to ensure we apply PD best practices and drive continuous improvement to our PDP. This person will also be responsible for the development, deployment, and management of Design for Six Sigma integrated into the Product Development Process, as well as other process improvement efforts throughout Baxter specifically as they pertain to new product development. This individual should be a strong team player with highly developed communication and presentation skills. This position reports to the VP of Operational Excellence.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Lead the use and continuous improvement of product development best practices by:
o Leading cross-functional / cross-business teams to objectively and continually assess our product development process performance and determine current process entitlement, relative to comparable outside companies.
o Creating clear descriptions of the best practices for the oversight of Baxter’s new product development portfolios and projects on a global basis that are expected to be adopted at the Corporate and GBU levels and implementing the appropriate practices at the corporate level
* Work with Senior Management to resolve challenges to effective product development.
* Own the processes and systems for gathering and reporting PD milestones, project execution, metrics and related portfolio analysis to Senior Management. Provide direction to Senior Management on how to appropriately deal with issues under the process.
* Work with the functions and HR to ensure organizational structures and skills are aligned with process requirements.
* Work with IT to identify, define, and implement the information technology strategy to support effective product development.
* Own the development and deployment of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS). Coordinate with OpEx Managers, DFSS, R&D, Quality and Operations leadership.
* Prioritize and oversee the implementation of process improvement projects focused at improving the efficiency of the New Product Development Process.
* Work with functions to ensure that organizational capacity and team member % of time allocation meets the objectives and needs of the team.
* Mentors and develops the skills of the Operational Excellence team members.
* Assist in the coordination and development of the organization’s Operational Excellence deployment plan to include EMS, VIP, Certification Programs, Best Practices Sharing, and others.
* Assists leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes.
* Work with leadership in installing organizational supports for Operational Excellence (reviews, communications, rewards, software, etc.).
* 50% travel – Including some international travel
* Solid past performance as a Project Manager / Core Team Leader.
* Sufficient knowledge of DFSS tools and their application to design effective integration into PD.
* Strong analytical/statistical problem solving tools.
* Must have experience managing teams and developing support programs.
* Must have Six Sigma Black Belt certification, Master Black Belt preferred.
* Must have a working knowledge of LEAN tools and methodology.
* Must be able to function in a team environment.
* Must be able to directly lead and/or co-lead high-impact process improvement projects.
* Ability to manage multiple projects.
* Demonstrated skills in planning, budgeting and project management directed toward achievement of business goals.
* Proven skills working with cross-functional teams.
* Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
* Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication and platform skills in local language as well as in English.
* Strong teaching and presentation skills required.
* Strong Coaching and Facilitation skills.
* Advanced skills in Minitab, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* An understanding of and proficiency in Change Management.
*Education and Experience:*
* BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
* 7 years of demonstrated solid history of product development success and process improvement implementation experience which includes a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an international company, interacting with diverse locations across the globe.
* Broad business knowledge and ability to link customer needs with business processes.
*Equal Employment Opportunity*
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law – Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email toCorporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.comor call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
**Organization:** **Ops Excellence*
**Title:** *Director, Operational Excellence – Design for Six Sigma – Virtual / Remote*
**Requisition ID:** *17000A50*