**Financial Analyst, R&D (2-5 years experience)**
Job Family: Finance
**Division:** Energy Management
**Business Unit:** Low Voltage & Products
**Requisition Number:** 235247
**Primary Location:** United States-Georgia-Norcross
**Assignment Category:** Full-time regular
**Experience Level:** Entry level
**Education Required Level:** Bachelor’s Degree
**Travel Required:** 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_ management.ht at https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_ management.html ml at https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_ management.html
The Siemens Low Voltage and Products division is looking for an entry-level Financial Analyst to support the Research & Development and Contract Manufacturing organizations. This position is responsible for working with multiple departments to develop budgets, forecasts, and to provide analysis and reporting on a variety of financial topics including capital expenditures, cost center and project spend, and funded development agreements. The position is based in Norcross, Georgia and will be functionally working directly with the R&D Controller.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
– Take lead role in all aspects of asset controlling including creating budgets, monitoring spend, insuring. proper documentation and reconciliation of completed assets, and supporting inventory control and reporting of foreign and domestic assets.
– Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis, and reporting to support the month-end close process.
– Provide reporting, analysis, and oversight on all domestic and international funded project agreements
– Serve as financial specialist for various R&D projects as they move through the Product Lifecycle Management process.
– Support the monthly reporting processes of R&D cost centers and projects.
– Provide input and support for the annual budget process and the periodic bottoms-up forecasts.
– Drive reporting and process improvements focused on improving overall R&D performance.
**Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:**
1. Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited University.
2. 1-3 years of experience in a finance role, strong analytical skills with attention to detail & accuracy
Ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex financial information to various stakeholders in the R&D and BU organization.
3. Highly organized with ability to self-manage multiple deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
4. Strong collaboration skills to manage multiple stakeholders (Plant and Corporate).
5. Ability to effectively manage deadlines, prioritize and multi-task.
6. Understanding drivers of productivity growth, and cost saving initiatives.
7. Self-motivated individual who requires and prefers little guidance from manager.
8. Effective communication and presentation skills.
9. Proven capability to drive standardization of financial processes and continuous process and performance improvement.
10. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
**Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:**
1. Experience with data analysis and reporting in SAP (FI/CO/PS).
2. Hyperion experience.
3. 1-3 years previous experience in Financial Reporting, Analysis, and Planning with emphasis on Cost Center and/or Project controlling.
4. Experience in manufacturing or research & development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
– A competitive base salary
– Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
– Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
**Equal Employment Opportunity Statement**
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
**EEO is the Law**
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
**Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision**
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .