The admin specialist supports the head of a department and often also one or more employees in that department. In view of the diverse range of departments, in terms of size and complexity, there are secretarial jobs of varying degrees of difficulty. The job becomes more difficult as the need for secretarial skills, referred to here as the ‘toolkit’ of basic tasks, rises. This ‘toolkit’ of basic tasks includes the skills that a Secretary has learned as part of a recognized secretarial education. A great number of different secretarial tasks and application of basic secretarial skills are required.
**In this role, you have the opportunity to**
• Performs all standard supporting tasks for a department (dept. assistant) resp. executive (Exec. assistant). Agenda Management, Mail screen incoming and outgoing mail, processing and priorities
• Organizing (and hosting) meetings, events, (video) conferences, Web casts
• Creating draft letters/mails/ office documents/meeting minutes/ PowerPoints
• Managing office supplies
• Archive management
• On-/Off boarding (including organization of farewells)
• Develop travel plans travel arrangements (incl visa) and related expenses
• Remain knowledgeable of corporate policies
• Dealing with sensitive, complex and highly confidential information
• Creating Purchase orders
• Train and coach (lower-level) departmental assistants.
• Interpret and communicate executive intent to other employees.
• Serves as a contact to employees or other stakeholders inside and outside the organization
• Conducts various (analytical) special projects, especially involving budgets and preparations for senior management meetings.
• Responsible for Local & Global Announcements
**You are a part of**
**Global business service**
**In return, we offer you**
• Knowledge of company processes, systems and policies
• Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
• Ability to effectively prioritize and organize workload
• Ability to develop and deliver oral and written communications.
• Ability to multi-task
• Computer literacy
• Fulfills a various number of basic administrative tasks.
• Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures
• Addresses potential process improvement solutions where applicable.
**Why should you join Philips?**
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/Philips_Chronic_Disease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .