Group Tax Director
The Tax Director will drive taxation compliance and strategy of a conglomerate of domestic and foreign subsidiaries comprising an approximate $2 billion regional holding company structure. S/he should have a strong mix of compliance, provision and strategic & tactical structuring & planning for a dynamically growing and complex organization. S/he will oversee the three Tax Manager positions in the areas of Corporate Tax/Provision, Transfer Pricing and Transactional Taxes. S/he will be responsible for directing the activities of the filing of the annual Group Tax Returns including associated activities. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for the Tax Provisions per FAS 109/FIN 48 and advise on taxes other than Corporate Tax.
1. Drive Group Taxation Strategy:
+ Ensure full compliance with all Federal/State tax legislation in the USA, Puerto Rico and Canada. Advise other foreign subsidiaries, as necessary, with respect to changes in tax rules, availability of tax incentives, etc.
+ Avail of maximum tax rebates & reliefs available under the law
+ Avoid tax penalties & interest for late filings & other defaults
+ Challenge all levies of tax which do not appear to be in accordance with the law
+ Take protective measures as required to ensure full protection of tax benefits/claims and avoidance of exposures
2. Annual Group Tax Returns:
+ Managing the preparation and filing of Federal & State corporate taxes in a timely manner.
+ Research and prepare the logic and structure for more complex domestic and international Code provisions, including GILTI, FDII, BEAT, Sub-Part F, foreign tax credit pools, etc.
+ Arrange for R&D documentation of Group Companies to protect tax credits. Give internal advice on qualifying projects and ways to maximize the R&D tax credit.
+ Manage federal and state tax audits and reviews
3. Tax Provisions FAS 109/FIN 48:
+ Prepare quarterly and annual Federal/State corporate tax provision under FAS 109:
– Estimated tax provision after deduction of c/f losses and other credits
– Deferred tax provisions based on change in DT assets/liabilities – short & long term
– Valuation adjustments to DT assets/liabilities
– Exposures on account of transfer pricing/R&D credit disallowances
– Incorporation of foreign filing positions and provision requirements
+ Prepare exposure analysis in accordance with FIN 48 and maintain appropriate documentation
+ Lead the audit planning and engagement with external auditors in the area of taxation.
4. Transfer Pricing:
+ In conjunction with Transfer Pricing Tax Manager arrange for Transfer Pricing studies of Group Companies by third-party consultants and initiate corrective action
+ Engage with IRS, Japanese Parent Company and outside advisors on Advanced Pricing Agreements and compliance
+ Participate in strategic discussions on new business arrangements, initiatives, etc. with respect to appropriate transfer pricing structures for a variety of arrangements, including distribution, contract manufacturing, intellectual property licensing, contract R&D, service contracts, etc.
+ In conjunction with Transfer Pricing Tax Manager engage in discussions with foreign affiliates over matters involving transfer pricing as well as operational business leaders with respect to impacts on regional businesses.
5. Transactional Taxes:
+ Provide strategy and oversight to transactional tax group
+ In conjunction with Transactional Tax Manager assist in Sales & Use, Excise, VAT and other matters to ensure compliance and processing efficiencies
+ Provide advice of taxation matters generally
+ Participate in evaluating tax positions, structures, and matters in mergers and acquisition (or disposal) diligence
+ Understanding of Section 382 NOL rules concerning acquiring loss corporations
+ Understanding of opening balance sheet tax positions/adjustments
+ Establishment and execution of compliance and provision integrations
7. Other duties as assigned.
**Auto req ID:**
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Extraordinary oral and written communication skills with ability to interact professionally with diverse groups.
• Ability to partner effectively with external tax consultants & advisors
• Adaptable interpersonal skills to partner with Business Unit leaders/managers within Group Companies and secure cooperation
• Ability to lead, mentor and develop professionals within the tax organization
• Dedicated to deployment of process improvement to mitigate risk and add value.
• Proven experience with tax engine software implementation and maintenance – Onesource desirable
• Highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter with ability to engage in, prioritize, and perform multiple ongoing tasks.
• Financial acumen to identify tax strategies and incentives available to minimize company’s tax burden in accordance with applicable laws
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated understanding of complex tax concepts; must be flexible, adaptable, and resourceful.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Bachelor’s in Finance, Economics or Accounting
• CPA/Tax Attorney or equivalent – Highly Preferred
• Seasoned Tax Professional with a minimum of 15 years of experience in corporate taxation of a multi-national company (preferably a mixture of Big 4 and corporate experience)
• 7 years of Managerial experience; leading, mentoring and developing others
• Microsoft Office Suite essential (primarily Excel)
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As a Company, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation with regard to the application and selection processes (for example, the online application process or interviews) or have any questions about our website accessibility, please call 732-302-4902 or e-mail us at Staffing@Terumomedical.com.