Siemens Mobility Customer Services is a fast-growing business with a backlog of > $1 Billion. To execute this backlog on highest performance levels and to ensure constant growth, Siemens is looking for highly motivated and competent individuals.
The Head of Components Overhaul Operations – located at one of our Service HQ centers. However, our Projects are across North America, this means you will cooperate with the central functions like Engineering, Procurement, etc. in Sacramento and Project Managers responsible for various projects in North America. Your Project scope is typically centered around full maintenance services, accident repairs and overhauls on Locomotives and Coaches.
To ensure customer and organizational success, Siemens is interested in adding a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and self-driven experienced Head of Components Overhaul Operations which has managed complex projects before.
The successful candidate is capable of leading a cross functional team, ie leading and influencing members who don’t report to himherself , and to interact in a professional way with our customers.
This successful Head of Components Overhaul Operations will be responsible for full maintenance services, which includes accident repairs, maintenance and overhaul of our customers equipment within a performance regime assuring the highest availability and reliability of the fleet.
Our ultimate goal is to engage into long term partnerships with Customers jointly working together providing excellent operational performance. Those Performance Partnership projects are highly customized and might cover a wide range of our portfolio elements. The Head of Components Overhaul Operations will be a key player in supporting and collaborating with typically the project manager who is the interface owner to the end customer.
Within Customer Services we can offer to the successful candidate a career development plan. This means the Head of Components Overhaul Operations can start with less complex projects and can be developed to manage complex projects over time.
The responsibilities are included but are not limited to the following:
• Develop with CS management OH strategy for NA
• Analyze general business and/or technological situation, set up and prioritize tactical targets, and determine courses of action, and constantly monitor and adhere to budgets and resources given. Selects from among clear policies, scientific principles and technical solutions to address differing and variable situations.
• Implement of the agreed overhaul strategy below budget
• Mobilize individual components overhaul programs
• Achieve significant efficiency by utilizing across projects synergies and customers’ facilities and resources
• Monitor continuously all CS projects in regards of components overhaul / refurbishment
• Schedule components overhauls / refurbishments across projects
• Jointly with procurement making make-or-buy decisions
• Maintain constant communication to project managers, customers, outside contractors or other stakeholders and develop components overhaul opportunities at customers premises and using customer resources
• Develop and qualify components overhaul vendors with support from engineering and procurement
• Set up new service centers (equipment, personnel, documentation)
• Identify and target areas which can be optimized
• Monitor performance of components overhaul programs
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Knowledge and experience in railroad applicable law and regulations preferred
• Demonstrable entrepreneurial performance
• Travel requirements would be about 10-20%
**Organization:** Siemens Mobility
**Company:** Siemens Mobility, Inc
**Experience Level:** Experienced Professional
**Job Type:** Full-time
**Equal Employment Opportunity Statement**
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
**EEO is the Law**
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
**Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision**
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
**California Privacy Notice**
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here at https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html .