**Danaher Company Description**
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
As a Principal Certification Engineer and our Chief of the Office of Airworthiness, you will lead certification tasks to secure EASA airworthiness approval for Pall parts and sustain our Part 21J Design Organisation Approval. You’ll be expected to lead the certification activities of a cross-functional team of technical professionals, working on projects relating to the introduction and ongoing support of Pall products and associated structure changes to a wide range of CS 25, CS 27 and CS 29 platforms.
We have an expanding Pall Aerospace portfolio which consists of bespoke high technology filtration, separation and sensing products for liquid, such as in power plant, fuel and hydraulic systems and also within the environmental control systems of major commercial fleet. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Certification Engineer to take their career to the next level.
*Role and Duties:*
* Prepare packages of DOA documents and substantiation data for the certification of major design changes via EASA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) application and minor design/repair changes approved by Pall’s DOA.
* Act as focal point for co-ordinating airworthiness and environmental protection matters for Pall parts certified through Pall’s EASA Part 21 Subpart J DOA.
* Approve the Classification of Type Design or Repair Changes (21.A.91) and approve Certification Programmes.
* Check, approve and issue DOA documents (including certification reports, accomplishment instructions, manual supplements, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness and Service Bulletins).
* Sign and issue Declarations of Compliance for Major Changes to Type Design.
* Approve Minor Changes and Minor Repairs to Type Design.
* Co-ordinate certification activities with EASA for new and existing STC major design change projects.
* Interface directly with EASA in various areas such as aircraft certification, regulatory changes, flight standards, inspections and continued airworthiness.
* Direct meetings and technical presentations.
* Co-ordinate certification activities as required, including flight test activities with a nominated Flight Test Organisation to support an EASA STC application.
* Support maintenance of the Design Organisation Handbook and associated procedures.
* Maintain DOA records, engineering files and company records.
*Basic Qualifications / Experience: *
* Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering Bachelors Degree (BEng/BSc).
* Chartered Engineer status with a recognised body is desired.
* Experience with Catia V5 CAD and SmarTeam PDM systems is desired but not essential.
* EASA Form 4 Holder is desired but not essential, subject to relevant experience working in an EASA DOA.
* Experience in EASA DOA certification process for design and repair changes to Large Aeroplanes and Rotorcraft.
* Experience of Surveillance Audits by an EASA.
**Danaher Corporation Overview**
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
**Job Function:** Engineering
**Primary Location:** EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Hampshire-Portsmouth
**Req ID:** IND000739