The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (HZG)
in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. For further information please refer to: www.hzg.de
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
is one of the 19 national institutions of the Hermann von Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres e.V. (HGF). Around 950 employees carry out basic research and development work in close cooperation with national and international research institutions, research-oriented clinics and economic and public institutions.
Research Scientist / Postdoc (m/f/d) Engineer for Processing technologies – Polymers
code no. 2019/B 1
The place of employment is Teltow (near Berlin, Germany).
Fundamental research at the Institute of Biomaterial Science of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht is focused on the development of polymer-based biomaterials for medical applications. For our translational research on biomaterial-based medical devices for (pre-)clinical evaluation we are looking to fill the position of a Research Scientist / Postdoc (m/f/d) latest by July 1st, 2019. This will be initially a temporary assignment for two years.
As a Research Scientist / Postdoc you will be responsible for
- development of (continuous) processing, mixing and foaming techniques for polymers, particularly biopolymers in presence of water
- selection or design of proper instrumentation for processing tasks
- set-up of pilot fabrication; subsequent transfer into clean room environment
- performing quality control of products; planning and set-up of new methodologies
- compiling and checking the documentation of analytical characterization of medical device candidates including the process validation according to the quality management system required for medical device production
- training and supervision of the technical staff
- successfully completed engineering degree (master level, university/university of applied science) in engineering, e.g. chemical engineering, polymer processing technologies, biomedical engineering, food technology, pharmaceutical technology
- track record of experience in research and development in industry (> 3 y.) or PhD in the field of this call
- hand-on skills in set-up and handling of instruments, design of processing setups (including CAD models) and process control
- preferred: experience in computational models of mixing and reactions during processing for rational selection of processing parameters; online process monitoring
- extensive experience in processing of polymers, particularly biopolymers for biomedical or food applications including online mixing, online reactions, foaming etc.
- extensive experience in chemical and physicochemical characterization of polymers and produced products/devices
- familiar with the quality and regulatory requirements for manufacturing and quality control of biomaterials/medical devices or food products; work experience under a quality management system
- strong organizational and communication skills
- fluent business language in English or German, with a working knowledge of the other; international applicants are expected to continuously work on German language skills
- high level of personal commitment and stress resilience
- experienced handling of MS Office, CAD software and instrument software
- a diversified and responsible job in an international environment
- an attractive working environment where your ideas and your engagement are demanded
- appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Contact: Frau Vera Milkereit
Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents including your CV, description of your scientific and work expertise, list of publications if existing and copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades indicating the reference number 2019/B 1, preferably via email containing one file not exceeding 8 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org