**Danaher Company Description**
*Hach*is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
*OUR MISSION:*Ensuring water quality for people around the world.
*OUR VISION:*We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions.
*WATER QUALITY GROUP*
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
*_POSITION SUMMARY_: *
This position will be responsible for effectively developing and leading the strategic vision for the North America (NA) sales organization in the West Region. The Sr. Director is a key leadership role with responsibility for NA sales totaling approximately $200 to $250 million in revenue sold through the following teams:
* Regional Direct
* Inside Sales
* Channel Partners
* Private Water Key Accounts
* Specialty Key Accounts (Dialysis and OEM)
As the Sr. Director, this individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining a professional sales organization, effectively leading the sales organization through change. This individual must have the capability to deliver sales growth, profitability through market penetration and successful new product commercialization. In this role he/she will participate in key corporate strategic planning efforts for sales including organization and people review, plus development of short and long-term business strategies, including budgeting.
Additionally, the role offers the successful candidate opportunity to be considered as the successor to the Vice President of Global Sales, Customer Service and Support.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
* Achieve revenue objectives set forth by senior management by disseminating regional budgeted performance goals and implementing value selling philosophy, sales funnels and action plans
* Lead and develop team by establishing annual goals; hiring and training new associates; and coaching, monitoring and appraising individual performance through the use of policy deployment tools and top grading processes with a focus on kaizen and continuous improvement
* Evaluate the current sales activities to identify areas of strength and assess those activities that must be improved to meet the demands of current sales, as well as future growth, primarily focused on DBS Growth Competencies.
* Develop and implement sales incentive programs; measure and report incentive program effectiveness
* Coordinate, prepare and implement the divisional sales and expenditure budgets; monitors actual vs. budgeted performance, implementing corrective measures as appropriate; report goal accomplishment and variance analysis on a monthly basis
* Develop a world-class team that is highly competent, customer focused and growth-oriented. This includes identifying opportunities to “raise the bar” for individual team members and as a team.
* Provide effective leadership for a changing and evolving sales organization.
* Provide vision and guidance to the organization to address competitive and changing market dynamics.
* Lead and participate in business review meetings, product tollgate reviews and other key strategic business initiatives
* Interface with Vertical Marketing Managers to define and implement vertical market strategies, campaigns, and voice of the customer (e.g. new product development, product life cycle, new product launch, etc.) Lead sales forecasting process; manage the monthly sales reporting process, tracking, analyzing and reporting measurements such as orders, sales, revenue, and actual progress to goal
* Continually monitor technological changes, market trends, competitive products/pricing, and be a key participant in identifying and analyzing the products to be developed for and channeled to the market place.
* Design and implement standards of accountability for others in the organization that can be used to focus, guide and set high standards of performance for others in order to achieve business results
* Generate alliances internally and externally by continuously identifying and acting on those things that will create success for Hach and its customers and representatives
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales, Service and Customer Contact. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director will be a team of 4 to 5 Sr. Divisional Sales Managers each of whom has teams of 15 to 20 direct sellers, key account managers and professional sales support managers.
The total staff for this position is 100 to 130 associates.
Peer relationships include Sr. Directors leading the following teams: NA Sales – West, Global Sales Operations, Global Service, Global Applications Development Management, Global Key Accounts, as well as Sr. Sales Directors for European regions.
* An undergraduate degree is required with preference given to a major in Physical Sciences or Engineering; an MBA is strongly preferred
* 7 years of experience managing sales teams during periods of change and growth.
* 10 years of complex sales experience within an organization known for having a progressive sales function.
* Demonstrates leadership and commercial acumen that positions the candidate as a leader who will ultimately develop as a VP Sales or P&L manager
* Deep expertise and understanding of sales funnel management and CRM systems (Sales Force.com preferred)
* Experience in business that serves similar customers or sells similar products is a definite plus
* Possess deep expertise in value selling sales methodologies and concepts (i.e. Question Based Selling and/or Challenger Selling)
* Travel will be approximately 50-75%, including both day trips and overnight travel.
* Delivers results; demonstrated track record of driving sales growth, customer expansion and market share growth
* Possess exemplary leadership skills with experience in coaching and developing front line leaders and high performing teams.
* Process orientation with a proven track record of profitable growth and an excellent reputation for leadership in value-based selling process, and account management
* Demonstrated experience increasing revenue within existing accounts by broadening or deepening product placement
* Having both strategic and tactical dimension and capabilities, can analyze the market, competitors and company strengths and weaknesses while devising winning sales strategies
* Strong financial, bottom-line orientation.
* Excellent analytical skills and solid business acumen with ability to balance the needs of the market place with sound business judgment
* Demonstrated ability to meet objectives, drive results and operate with the highest level of urgency in solving problems
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is*occasionally*required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is*constantly*required to sit. The employee may*occasionally*squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is*constantly*using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is*occasionally*required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell. The employee may*occasionally*lift, carry, push or pull up to*20 pounds*. Specific vision abilities*required*by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT: *
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment*may*consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field.
Employees*may*be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which*may*include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
/The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation./
*PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: *
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Danaher Corporation Overview**
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
**Job Function:** Sales
**Primary Location:** North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
**Req ID:** HAC007289