*About Baxter *
Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.ca and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most. We have the following opportunity at our Manufacturing facility in Alliston, located 1 hour North of Toronto.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Perform chemical analysis to ensure product acceptability.
* Ensure that final products meet required standards before release by analyzing them using instrumental and wet chemical techniques according to the specifications.
* Analyze in-process samples using a variety of assays and procedures, taking appropriate action if the result is out of the specified limits.
* Maintain chemistry lab in good order.
* Perform analytical chemical analysis to ensure products meet required standards using instrumental and wet chemical techniques according to specifications.
* Compile analysis reports by entering results into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) approving them and forwarding to the Document center.
* Ensure that production lines make products within specification limits by analyzing in-process samples using variety of assays and procedures, taking appropriate action if the result is out of specified limits.
* Support departmental 6s efforts by maintaining all work areas in a clean and orderly state, disposing of waste, cleaning glass ware and removing expired chemicals / reagents.
* Maintain chemistry lab in good order by housecleaning, disposing waste, cleaning glassware and removing expired chemicals/ reagents.
* Perform required preventative maintenance on equipment’s in QM lab. to ensure proper functioning and delivery of consistent and reliable results.
* Contact manufacturers of equipment and arrange for service in event of malfunction of equipment
* University Degree, Bachelor of Science Majoring in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry
* 3-5 years of analytical chemical testing lab experience. Over 2 years of chemical lab experience in a pharmaceutical industry is preferred
* Familiarity with laboratory equipment in a Quality Management Laboratory
* Proficiency in MS Office and laboratory computerized systems
* Must have strong organizational and time management skills
* Highly effective analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities
* Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience performing analytical testing in compliance with specification requirements
* Instrumental techniques such as HPLC, ICP-MS, GC Atomic Absorption, UV-VIS spectroscopy, Flame Photometry and IR spectroscopy
* Knowledge of GMP, ISO and regulatory requirements
* Familiarity with LIMS is an asset
* Technical writing experience is an asset
*A Career That Matters*
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please let us know.
Due to the nature of our business, Baxter follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) which requires our employees to focus on cleanliness and contamination control. Other aspects of GMP that must be observed are no makeup or jewelry in the production areas.
**Organization:** **Global Quality – US/Canada Operations*
**Title:** *Chemist – Midnight*
**Requisition ID:** *1900056Z*