*About Baxter *
Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Perform compounding activities while ensuring full compliance with CIVA SOP’s, including daily environmental monitoring, and maintain excellent aseptic practices/behaviours within the cleanroom environment.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities *
* Pick and prepare batch components for CIVA cleanroom(s).
* Label and pack CIVA finished products for dispatch and perform other duties as required.
*Major Subjects / Specialties*
* Aseptic technique knowledge
* In depth familiarity of antibiotics, TPN, narcotics and chemotherapy compounding principles
* Understanding of cleanroom requirements, behaviours and activities
* Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC) and Laminar Flow (LAF) cabinet knowledge
* Microbiology knowledge
* GMP knowledge
* Solid background in USP
*Type of Experience*
* Pharmacy experience
* Hospital and/or retail pharmacy experience
* Pharmaceutical manufacturing or related industry experience
* Cleanroom experience
*Years of Experience*
* 1 – 2 years
* 2 years
*Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required*
* Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must demonstrate exceptional decision making abilities
* Excellent organizational skills
* Must be able to work all shifts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
* Strong attention to detail and work ethic
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
* Able to lift approximately 30 lbs. regularly throughout the day
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Able to stand for extended periods throughout the day
* Strong computer skills
* Must be able to follow and retain detailed standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Excellent attendance and punctuality history
* Must be able to show drive and a sense of urgency to achieving production deadlines
*A Career That Matters*
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.
**Organization:** **Global Operations – Global Compounding Operations*
**Title:** *Cleanroom Technician*
**Requisition ID:** *19000555*