**Danaher Company Description**
*SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform*
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver*Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life.*™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us atwww.sciex.com.
The District Manager, Field Service is a responsible for the service business within the assigned district and for directing the activity of all field service engineers (6-12 incumbents) to achieve the district’s service and support goals. Serves as point of contact for escalated service related activity within the district and also represents the department to other functional groups in the company. Responsibilities include: 1) achieving/exceeding assigned installation, maintenance and repair targets through effective coaching and development of employees; 2) identifying and implementing process improvements and changes to increase the group’s effectiveness and value to its customers and 3) managing all aspects of employee’s job performance and career development.
* Plans, directs and coordinates the daily activities of service personnel to achieve service and support goals
* Communicates with other department managers to identify potential improvements in the quality of services and/or support provided
* Provides service and technical skills training and coaching to field service engineers during service calls and formal training activities
* Develops and tracks performance goals for all direct reports and effectively addresses and resolves employee issues
* Communicates district business objectives, strategies, and accomplishments through regular organized district meetings, written communications and telephone contact
* Lead activities to meet/exceed business objectives (Revenue/Orders/Margin Targets) for the district.
* Generates monthly activity reports and monitors trends and performance within district
* Reviews and modifies current policies and procedures to reflect business needs and changes
* Responsible for supervision of direct reports which includes interviewing, hiring, training, goal setting, evaluating performance, salary administration, career development and compliance with personnel, financial and safety policies
* Maintains technical competence on ABI products, competitive products and the marketplace through extensive reading and attendance of training meetings
Communicates regularly with sales colleagues regarding region service performance and activities
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities (SKAs)
* Must possess strong management skills to effectively manage and direct Field Service Engineers to achieve district business objectives
* Able to teach others through demonstration and coaching and counseling
* Demonstrates effective communication skills, either through team interactions or presentations to clearly articulate business objectives strategies
* Solid organizational skills and ability to set priorities and mange time effectively
* Ability to identify customer needs and issues and develop realistic solutions to meet these expectations and to solve problems
* Strong analytical skills
* In-depth industry knowledge
* Overall product and applications knowledge for all assigned product lines
* In-depth understanding of customer business, goals and objectives, strategies, and needs
* Knowledge and competence in electronics and/or chemistry and relevant product technologies
Additional Job Abilities
* Must be able to influence and negotiate with people and resolve issues with employees and customers
* Ability to identify opportunities, risks, and resources required to deliver business results
* Ability to manage and direct resources aimed at clearly articulated district business objectives
* Must be able to travel within assigned geography
* Ability to instill customer satisfaction that is recognizable and valuable to the customer
Working Environment/Minimum Physical Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in Chemistry, biology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or equivalent experience
* Requires at least 6 years of senior level field support experience with AB equipment
* Previous experience in a management/leadership role is preferable but not required
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Job duties are performed in various field locations, generally within assigned territory, including customer laboratories and offices.
* Appropriate safety precautions are required in designated areas, laboratories, and customer sites.
SCIEX is an equal opportunity employer, and only those candidates who are qualified will be contacted. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Danaher Corporation Overview**
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
**Job Function:** Customer Support
**Primary Location:** North America-North America-United States
**Req ID:** SCI001710