Facilities Technician, Caguas – Second Shift
Assure no business interruption to the manufacturing processes related to utilities/facility through the proper set up, maintenance and troubleshooting of facilities and utilities equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides maintenance, mechanical and electrical performance for the facilities and utilities equipment at the site including: Vacuum, Compressed Air, Emergency Generation, Power, City and Well Water, HVAC Equipment.
2. Contact suppliers and outside vendors to maintain a complete stock of spare parts for the equipment under the Facilities and Utilities scope.
3. Establish and execute the right maintenance procedures and frequencies based on equipment manufacture’s operation and maintenance manuals, recommendations and equipment reliability history.
4. Report results to the appropriate piers and clients (inside/outside facilities) on a frequent basis.
5. Coordinate with outside contractors and vendor’s miscellaneous work related to the scope mentioned above. Complete the contractor’s working permit for general/dangerous work and notify Facilities and Maintenance Manager or Sr. EHS Specialist of any risk condition or situation before performing any work.
6. Ensure all preventive maintenance is completed on schedule, either in-house or by a vendor and must maintain the CMMS system updated. Also document and upload the service/equipment history service files into the system. Generate Work Orders for any corrective maintenance and document it to collect service history for the facilities and equipment.
7. Be available for after hours on-call program to respond immediately to emergency situations.
8. Must have experience with reading blueprints and schematic drawings, along with the ability to read and comprehend technical manuals and instructions.
9. Follows established safety rules and regulations, makes recommendations for safety improvements, and utilizes required PPE and safety equipment.
10. Must have experience and be a member of the Emergency Response Team.
11. Ensure compliance with all TPR procedures and all applicable regulatory agency requirements.
12. Other duties as assigned.
**Auto req ID:**
1. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
o Must have good verbal and written communication in English and Spanish.
o Must have computer skills in Word, Power Point, Excel, and Maximo CMMS Program.
o Must memorize details, analyze and have good concentration.
2. Background Experiences:
o Valid electricity or refrigeration license, both licenses are preferable.
o Required to have 2-4 years’ experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical in a similar role. Air conditioning, mechanics or equivalent technical experience.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As a Company, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation with regard to the application and selection processes (for example, the online application process or interviews) or have any questions about our website accessibility, please call 732-302-4902 or e-mail us at Staffing@Terumomedical.com.