Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
*Major Responsibilities / Activities*
* Follow the technical procedure to perform installation, repair & maintenance, and hardware upgrade at customer sites or Baxter Service Centre(s) throughout Canada. This includes cleaning / decontamination, performing the upgrade and testing / validating each device serviced.
* Interact with customer representatives in a positive, professional, helpful manner that results in a positive experience for the customer.
* Produce quality results
* Meet production targets
* Maintain accurate, useful and complete service records in Baxter’s service systems.
* Maintain and ensure certification of all work and test equipment as per company operating policies and procedures
* Following all applicable Baxter policies and procedures. Manages customer satisfaction by maintaining effective relationships and surpassing customer expectations on service delivery within area of responsibility.
* Completes paperwork, documentation and administrative tasks per policy and procedure
* Work effectively with Regional Service Manager or Service Centre Technical Manager, other Service Representatives and other functional areas within the company to enhance business performance and both internal & external customer experiences.
* Performs any other duties or projects as assigned.
* Expensing & Inventory Management
* Expense reports: trunk stock inventory management, ordering trunk stock parts and kilometer logging, as required.
* Promote service business within area of responsibility as appropriate, maintain financial effectiveness within assigned territory or project, as required.
* Minimum two years of technical college, Bio-Medical field or similar technical degree; or a proven equivalent work experience as a Field Service Representative
*Type of Experience*
* Experience in a service environment, ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
*Years of Experience*
* 2 years
* 3-5 years
*Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills*
* Ability to work effectively with persons at all levels of the organization and to represent the organization professionally.
* Demonstrated ability to self-manage.
* Requires high level of organizational and territory management skills.
* Requires demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
* Requires consistent performance in the ability to use analytical/logical methods to identify and solve equipment related problems.
* Demonstrated strong people interpersonal skills, relating to a wide variety of people.
* Demonstrated accountability for field service administrative tasks.
* Ability to provide technical back up to other Field or Service Centre Service Representatives.
* Focuses on the customers’ needs and provides solutions.
* Ability to travel to installation/upgrade/repair and maintenance sites for extended periods of time, willingness to work other shifts and overtime with minimal notice, as necessary.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Must have valid Driver’s license
* Bilingual (for eastern Canadian market only)
* Additional language skills would be an asset.
*A Career That Matters*
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.
**Job:** **Technical Services*
**Organization:** **Global Services – Americas Field Service*
**Title:** *Field Service Rep*
**Requisition ID:** *19000463*