Manager, Field Reimbursement and Payer Solutions
Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States
Oct 03, 2017
**Careers that Change Lives**
The Field Reimbursement and Payer Solutions Manager provides reimbursement support to sales personnel and customers including physicians, hospitals, integrated health centers and other healthcare providers. In addition, the Manager is accountable for gaining and/or improving U.S. coverage with commercial payers specific to new and innovative technologies.
Stakeholders including KOLs, Payers, and health systems providing care to patients are the primary audiences for collaboration. Having a working knowledge of the US coding and payment systems is essential. Additionally, the role will provide internal and customer support to help identify specific payer issues and develop plans to improve coverage.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions. We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
**A Day in the Life**
• Provide education to customers on the reimbursement process, including coding and reimbursement support or responding to customer questions or concerns regarding reimbursement for the GI portfolio
• Presentation of reimbursement information such as proformas and economic models to financial decision makers and purchasers
• Work with physician champions and professional societies to secure adequate reimbursement of procedures
• Develop key relationships within the payer and provider communities to increase collaboration, support coverage policy and improve reimbursement for MDT products
• Executes strategies with third party payers, HTA agencies, and local MACs to ensure adequate reimbursement for MDT technologies
• Implements processes and develops tools that communicate the clinical and economic evidence supporting new therapy adoption tailored to key payers and economic decision makers such as hospital new technology committees.
• Provide monthly report recounting significant activities, progress and follow-up needed
• Provide strategic guidance on US payer needs or additional products and procedures
**Must Have: Minimum Requirements**
+ BA or BS required – major in business or a healthcare related field preferred
+ Minimum of 8 years of experience working directly with customers to remove reimbursement barriers, and payers to gain or improve coverage for products reimbursed under the medical benefit required.
+ Advanced understanding of US Managed care marketplace, Medicare, coverage of technology under the medical benefit and the mechanics of reimbursement required.
+ Previous experience in medical device or pharma company required
**Nice to Have:**
+ MBA, MPH or other health care graduate degree is preferred
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
**Physical Job Requirements**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees