Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Through shift supervisors, manages shift operations with specified manufacturing departments. Responsible for meeting safety, quality, production and budget goals and standards, while providing a workplace environment in which employees are able to contribute to their full potential.
The top two priorities for all Baxter Alliston employees are Safety and Quality:
*Safety*: Support our goal to achieve a “Zero Harm Environment”, by ensuring the safety of yourself and your co-workers through:
* Following all safety procedures
* Understanding potential hazards in your area
* Wearing appropriate PPE
* Reporting all incidents / near-misses / concerns
* Embracing 6s
*Quality*: Ensure the quality of our products to ensure patient safety and achieve our mission of “Saving and Sustaining Lives”. This can be achieved through:
* Following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
* Adhering to all quality procedures
* Completing training on-time
* Doing it Right the First Time, and
* Reporting any quality concerns immediately.
As part of the plant’s Enterprise Management System (EMS), all employees must embrace a culture of Continuous Improvement by:
* Participating in improvement activities
* Identifying and implementing continuous improvement ideas
* Participating in Tier meetings
* Recognizing your peers, and
* Embracing 6s.
* Identifying and implementing VIP’s (Value Improvement Project)
* Embrace continuous learning
* Utilize Leader Standard Work
* Utilize Root Cause Analysis tools to identify and prevent problems from recurring and drive measurable results.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
* Manage the outputs of production supervisors, in ensuring the safe and efficient manufacture of high quality, cost-effective products; schedule the departmental daily activity to ensure adequate staffing and materials are available to manufacture the amount of product required per production schedule, and maximize departmental efficiencies.
* Improve the effectiveness of all department employees by providing and/or facilitating required training (Quality, Safety, GMP, etc.), creating A3’s to identify root cause of issues and ensure appropriate actions; coaching during performance reviews and daily activities to improve skills, and by providing recognition for good performance.
* Ensures company policies are applied consistently and fairly and takes appropriate action to correct undesirable behaviors.
* Identify and implement Value Improvement Projects to reduce product cost or improve quality
* Monitor scrap and efficiencies to identify and implement process improvements.
* Aid in the introduction of new products and processes by providing technical knowledge and supporting validation by manufacturing experimental units.
* Lead the delivery and execution of the Enterprise Management System (EMS) requirements/mechanisms in designated department(s), and ensure the development of a high-performance team in support of True North and a culture of continuous improvement.
* Meet departmental financial commitments by managing process supplies within budget guidelines, ensuring that the budgeted labour standards are met throughout the year, as well as assisting in establishing budget, production standards and manufacturing expenses for the department for the following year.
* University Degree, Bachelor of Science, required.
* Major Subjects: Chemistry, Microbiology, Engineering, required.
*Type of Experience*
* Related supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, required.
* Related supervisory experience in a healthcare or food manufacturing environment, preferred.
*Years of Experience*
* 2 – 3 years in progressively senior roles, required.
* 3 years in progressively senior roles, preferred.
*Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills*
* Experience with continuous improvement methodologies, Lean 6S, Kaizen, Six Sigma, TPM
* Previous leadership experience in similar work environment
* Intermediate Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
* Knowledge of GMP’s
* Knowledge of ISO and Industry Standards
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to prepare and deliver presentations/complex information to a wide audience
* Solid coaching and interpersonal skills, to motivate team members to excel; address conflict issues
* Strong analytical skills, to gather data to identify and address problems
* Ability to partner with a variety of stakeholders effectively
* Filling, Packing and/or Plastics experience in a medical manufacturing/food environment
* Familiarity with plant procedures/Quality System
* Experience in investigating Non-Conformances (NCR’s) in Trackwise System is an asset
*A Career That Matters*
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please let us know during the recruitment process.
**Organization:** **Global Operations – Manufacturing*
**Title:** *Production Superintendent*
**Requisition ID:** *19000573*