*About Baxter *
Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
This is a 18- Month Contract.The primary focus of the Sr. HR Generalist is to act as a strategic advisor within the Manufacturing Plant in the areas of Employee Relations/Employment Law, Employee Engagement, Communication, Change Management, HR Policy [interpretation and communication], and HR projects (as assigned).
*Major Responsibilities / Activities*
* Partners with leaders at all levels to build a high-performance, people-focused culture that drives business results.
* Drives employee engagement initiatives, ensuring a focus on building a high performing culture, a diverse and inclusive environment and a great place to work.
* Anticipates and assesses the gaps between business needs and people capabilities and drives appropriate actions.
* Facilitates talent review and succession planning process, with a focus on achieving diversity and creating developmental plans for high performing, high potential staff.
* Provides leadership and support in the areas of performance counseling, employee retention, policy interpretation and implementation, human rights and employment legislation.
* Provides coaching, advice and guidance to Supervisors and Managers on employee relations matters including but not limited to attendance management, policy violations, progressive discipline and termination.
* Lead investigations pertaining to employee relations, ethics and compliance, etc.
* Strives to understand priorities and challenges, and engages/influences the requisite stakeholders to deliver comprehensive solutions.
* Creates/customizes/utilizes change management tools to enable success.
* Ensure HR Business Operating Procedures and Policies have been assigned, reviewed and recorded by applicable employee population
* Other duties as assigned.
* Partners with managers in finding win/win solutions to their issues and provides a safe environment for employees to bring forward issues, and enables resolution.
* Proactively drives organization and team-level change/transformation initiatives.
* Interpret and communicate policies to managers and employees ensuring consistent and efficient application, provide support and coaching.
* As required, lead or participate in the development and implementation of global or regional projects related to HRIT upgrades, implementation of new policies, Talent management, Annual Compensation Review, and Talent Acquisition.
* University/College Degree, required.
* Human Resources Certification or Designation, preferred.
*Major Subjects / Specialties*
* Human Resources
* Project Management
* Human Resources
*Type of Experience*
* 7 or more years of progressive Human Resources experience in an external client facing capacity.
* High comfort level in interacting and navigating across multiple levels within an organization and with external partners.
* Strong communications skills
* 5 or more years of Employee Relations and Change Management experience
* 5 or more years of HR experience working within a Manufacturing environment
* Strong Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
*A Career That Matters*
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.
**Job:** **Human Resources*
**Organization:** **Global Human Resources – Operations/Quality Support*
**Title:** *Senior Human Resources Generalist*
**Requisition ID:** *190003FA*