Home Forums Technology Next Technology Wave

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Ferguson 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Scott Schneeloch
    Participant

It seems that every few years Medical Device companies have to gain that competitive edge on the competition in order to build their value within the market. I have been a part of Trabecular Metal and Post Sintering technologies and believe that the industry is nearing a plateau on the material side. Now, robotic assisted surgery is being driven for precise implant placement and might have a ways to go but my question is; what is going to happen to the industry if a ceiling is met in regards to materials and assisted surgery? Will the competition be, who will buy who to gain that market share?

Daniel Ferguson
    Participant

Technology holds a tremendous hope for help to physicians and patients. A vast number of technological advancements are making their way into the hospitals and healthcare facilities, from operating rooms, to laboratories, to intensive care, to medical devices and contraptions that are being implanted our bodies, and etc. The robotic systems that pertain to the healthcare industry are quite different and specialized. I don’t think that a ceiling will ever be reached as far as materials and assisted surgery. I think everything continues to evolve and improve. Nothing is static. On the cost side of the ledger, time, physician employment and staffing requirements will possibly be the biggest question marks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.